Burlington Reparations Task Force: Burlington Reparations Task Force
Download: H.264/AAC mp4 file
Tell us about your experience with this online video, click here.
Mayor Weinberger calls the first meeting of the Reparations Task Force.
- Pablo Bose, Professor of Geography at the University of Vermont
- Hal Colston, State Representative, Director of Partnership for Change
- Tyeastia Green, City of Burlington Director of Racial Equity, Inclusion, and Belonging
- Christine Hughes, New Seasons Vermont and Racial Justice Alliance
- Rebecca Zietlow, Professor of Law and Values at the University of Toledo College of Law
The City’s role in the institution of slavery and what is right for us to do in response is not yet clear, but we will never fully realize the ideals of our country until the issue of reparations is fully addressed. The formation of this task force is an important step toward that crucial goal.