Farm to School Awareness
Tell us about your experience with this online video, click here.
Leaders from the Vermont Agencies of Agriculture, Education, & Health join state legislators, Burlington schools superintendent, local school board members, farm to school network leaders, and a 4th/5th grade garden club in celebrating Farm to School Awareness Month at Sustainability Academy in Burlington.
Highlights of this celebratory press event include:
· Announcement of 2016 Vermont Farm to School Grant Request For Proposals (RFP)
· Kale pesto taste test hosted by Sustainability Academy’s 4th and 5th grade garden club (pesto made with kale harvested from the school garden)
· An opportunity for state leadership to join kindergarten and 1st graders for a sit down lunch prepared by Burlington School Food Project
· Overview of Updated Vermont School Wellness Policy Guidelines
· Sharing of New Vermont Farm to School Network Goals