Regional Sustainability Project (ECOS)
Download: H.264/AAC mp4 file
- Approval-Additional Steering Committee Members - 4:33
- Review of Project Status & Documenting Efforts - 5:07
- Approval of May 25, 2011 Meeting Summary - 7:34
- Approval of Goals - 8:36
- Preview Draft Analysis Reports-Economics - 53:28
- Preview Draft Analysis Reports-Housing - 71:31
- Preview Draft Analysis Reports-Land Use/Transportation - 77:21
- Preview Draft Analysis Reports-Energy - 85:05
- Preview Draft Analysis Reports-Natural Resources - 93:44
- Preview Draft Analysis Reports-Public Health - 102:07
- Next Steps/Engagement Efforts - 108:27
Tell us about your experience with this online video, click here.
Steering Committee meeting and Project Partners involved in the ECOS Project – a 2 year regional sustainability initiative funded with a $1 million grant from the HUD Sustainable Communities Project.
The Chittenden County Regional Planning Commission is the primary agency providing the staff support for this endeavor. The project represents a once in a generation opportunity for the Chittenden County region to address long-term sustainability by developing a vision, goals and strategies that promote appropriate governance and development while ensuring social equity for the region’s population.
The results of the effort will be used in updating the Burlington Legacy Plan, the County’s Comprehensive Economic Development Strategy (CEDS), the Chittenden County Metropolitan Transportation Plan and the Chittenden County Regional Plan. This initial meeting will introduce the project Steering Committee, review the partnership agreement and project work plan including proposed public engagement activities.