Chittenden County Town Meeting 2018 Election Results
March 07, 2018
Chittenden County voters went to town meetings and the polls on Tuesday, March 6th in strong numbers, helping to keep the wheels of democracy turning.
- Burlington Mayor Miro Weinberger returns to the office with 48% of the vote.
- The regional dispatch district was authorized by a margin of 2:1.
- School budgets in Burlington, Winooski, South Burlington, Colchester and several other communities passed easily.
- Burlington voters sent a strong message to the city council to request quieter planes than the proposed F-35's now scheduled to arrive at the Air National Guard this year.
- Williston voters (53%) decided to remain in the Winooski Valley Park District.
- Essex voters decided to create a new Conservation Reserve Fund and elected Elain Sopchak over Mona Shephard and Tim Farr to the Essex Selectboard by a slim margin.
- Winooski Mayor Seth Leonard returns unopposed along with two new City Councilors, Kristine Lott and Hal Colston (who won with a write-in campaign).
For complete results coverage see: