Access Equipment & The Means of Production

Check Out Equipment

I want to produce my own TV show--to air on Channel 17 and stream on my website! Where do I get equipment?

Good News!
Channel 17/ Town Meeting TV is a government access TV channel open to all citizens! You can borrow the video equipment you need to make your show and air it on Channel 17. We have cameras, tripods, and microphones available for check out by people living or working in our member communities. Equipment is lent out on a first-come, first-served, basis and we provide one-on-one training once you make an appointment. You can also use our modest public digital editing facilities, including four Apple I Books with I Movie and Final Cut Express.

When you Reserve Equipment be sure you:

1. Know what you want to record, have an event set up, an interview, or a date that you want to record on.

2. Indicate the exact dates you want to reserve a camera for. (Limit your reservation to as few days around the event as possible.)

3. Specify the equipment you will want to borrow. Tell us the type of the camera you have been trained to use and any other equipment you will need (microphones, lights, etc.)

Contact our morourke [at] cctv [dot] org (Training Coordinator, Meghan O'Rourke) to talk over your project and the training and equipment you will need. Call her at 802.862.3966 x16 or morourke [at] cctv [dot] org

Featured Story

PEG TV Public Hearing

Share your thoughts on the value of PEG access channels and services to Vermont communities, the costs of such programming and services, and funding options to support programming and services at a PEG TV Public Hearing on October 21st.


More News from the Center for Media and Democracy