All About Alzheimer's: Meeting the Challenges of Celebrations
Tell us about your experience with this online video, click here.
The holidays are a time when family and friends often come together. But for families living with Alzheimer's and other dementia, the holidays can be challenging. On our December All About Alzheimer's program, we will be discussing ways to plan and adjusted expectations so your celebrations can still be happy, memorable occasions.
Vermont Alzheimer's Association Executive Director, Martha Richardson will speak with guests Tara Graham of the Arbors at Shelburne and family care partner Dan Bouchard and his wife Karen Kelly to discuss common challenges during the holiday season and ways families can reduce stress to help make it a more joyful time.
· Hear strategies to adjust expectations and traditions during the holidays
· Hear ideas on how to prepare guests and family who may notice changes in their loved one
· Learn ways to recognize and reduce stress in caregivers and in those living with the disease
· Hear ways to involve loved ones living with Alzheimer's or dementia at home or at a care facility
More information at: http://www.alz.org/vermont/index.asp
Airtimes1 Thursday December 20, 2012 at 5:25 PM
2 Friday December 21, 2012 at 7:00 PM
3 Monday December 24, 2012 at 2:30 PM
4 Tuesday December 25, 2012 at 2:30 PM
5 Wednesday December 26, 2012 at 6:10 AM
6 Wednesday December 26, 2012 at 12:10 PM
7 Friday December 28, 2012 at 2:30 PM
8 Tuesday January 1, 2013 at 7:00 PM
9 Sunday January 6, 2013 at 6:00 AM
10 Sunday January 6, 2013 at 12:00 PM
11 Friday January 11, 2013 at 4:00 PM
12 Saturday January 12, 2013 at 6:00 PM
11:30 AM2016 Essex Memorial Day Preview
More on TV, Tools, Training & The FutureGet our newsletters
- 7/18 - 7/22Community TV Summer Camp 2016 - Ages 10-15