The People's Law School: Earth Day and the Environment
Tell us about your experience with this online video, click here.
This free, virtual presentation provides a primer on environmental law, presented by lawyers from the Attorney General’s Office and Jen Duggan of the Conservation Law Foundation. Participants should leave the session with a basic understanding of environmental law in Vermont and an awareness of where to go for more information. The session includes:
1. an overview of how environmental law works at the federal and state levels, including Vermont’s Global Warming Solutions Act
2. descriptions of the different areas of environmental law in Vermont (land use, water, hazardous materials, environmental health, etc.)
3. explanation of the roles of different agencies and the Attorney General's Office in protecting Vermont's environment
4. tips on where to find more information or report concerns about specific issues as well as concrete examples from cases
5. a discussion of the history and meaning of Earth Day.